Chafia offers dance classes and workshops for a diverse range of people and for any occasion. She has facilitated classes for dance companies, private studios, schools, community groups, teacher training, Hen's parties and other events, working with people of all abilities and experience in dance.
She has a strong foundation in contemporary dance practice with further training in ballet, hip hop, booty dance, folk dance and other popular dance styles. Her classes often draw from different elements of these styles to help create the best experience for each person.
Chafia has a particular interest and skill in facilitating dance for people who consider themselves beginners or people who are new to dance classes.
"Dance is for everybody. I believe that the dance came from the people and that it should always be delivered back to the people" - Alvin Ailey
Some of the classes/workshops Chafia has facilitated include:
* Expressions Dance Company - community dance classes
* Phluxus dance Collective - company class
* Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School - 'Body Mechanics' for music students
* Early Learning Centre, University of Melbourne - creative dance
* Young Adult Multicultural Education Courses (NMIT) - Engage
* Mission Australia - Groove Dance program
* VICSEG New Futures Creative - Childcare centre / student teacher training in creative dance for early childhood learning
* The Space dance and arts centre - Various dance classes
* Revive, Mind and Body - Dance Movement Therapy and Life coaching workshops in collaboration with Dr Lara Corr
* Dee Street - Guest teacher for Dee Street dance courses Rhythm, Flow, Sweat and Freedom
Chafia is also a team member at Eve Studio, Thornbury. A boutique yoga and fitness studio encouraging women to a awaken their best!